We're Home!

Hi! I apologize to all of you who have been threatening me within inches of my life if I don't get a post up... so here it is....we've switched blog addresses because we were having too much trouble with the other being down all the time.

We finally made it to our new home and let me just say, "It's awesome!" We appreciate all of you thinking of us during this transition time. Our travels went really well...the kids were very good (even on the 10 hour flight) and all of our luggage made it without an overweight penalty!

We had some of our friends pick us up at the airport when we arrived and then they stayed around our first week here to help us get things hooked up, shopped for and put together. Thanks so much to all of them! They were a godsend!

Well, I know you all are wondering what it's like here. We have plenty of time for pics of the city and our happenings. I thought we'd start by showing off our new place. We really like it alot...it has lots of character. We still have to do some things such as buying light fixtures, rugs, etc. I'll post new pics when all of my decorating has been done.Hope you enjoy the pics. Feel free to drop us a line if you can...our e-mail address is the same. We'd love to hear from you!


Here is part of our salon...cool columns?? Actually, not real common here.



Here is a pic of our street! We love the palm trees.

Sophia is eating food now!!! Go, Sophia!!


Here is our salon (also known as the sitting area).



Here is a view from one of our balconies. All of the windows and balconies have these
decorative bars...


This is what our normal lunch looks like...can you believe it?? It's always delicious!


Our kitchen...I love the edging and tile in here...oh, and the huge window!


Another view of the kitchen...


The girls watching a movie on their bed - in their cool tent!


Our fireplace! We are sooo glad to have one...they're not real common here.


Erin's cool posed pic on our balcony!


View of our salon from the front entry.


Carys' cool posed pic on the balcony.


One of our bathrooms.


A view down the street from one of our balconies. We have 4 balconies and are able to see the mountains from both sides of our apartment...however, as you can see here, the clouds have been hiding them....supposedly there really are beautiful, snow-capped mountains at the edge of the city.


Sophia's newest favorite place to be...on her babysitter's back!


Hope you enjoyed the pics. We may not have pics for awhile.... :(
I dropped our camera yesterday, so we need a new one.

10 comments:

Living Cross-Culturally said...

Your pictures make us homesick. I can see the Hotel Reddouane in the distance, and I know our place isn't far away. We look forward to enjoying one of those good tajines with y'all. We're praying for you. G and S

Tina F said...

I love your new home. It's so much different than I had pictured in my mind. The bright colors are so cool. Lewis told me that Erin said it was like a princess castle, and I'm sure it is since there are 3 beautiful little princesses living in it. Thinking of you all. Love, Tina

Unknown said...

Looks really neat there. Y'all appear to be enjoying your new surroundings. I wish you all the best, do they have Harleys over there? LOL

Anonymous said...

oh brandi, what a beautiful place......just like the people living there. Im a bit jealous....makes me wish we were back in Romania!! The girls look like they are settling in nicely!! So glad everything is going so well.
We will continue to keep you close at heart. Make the most of every opportunity..that reminds me of a quote I put on Rachels wall the other day..."Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!!" We love you all and wish you well.
Marcy

Kimmy L. said...

I love it!!! Can't wait to come and see you guys....
I miss you! Tell the girls hello for me!
kimmy

Richards 5 said...

Hey there girl. this looks awesome. I know you guys will do just fine and enjoy the days to come. Love the house views. Those kids are growing up. Gennah was just talkin bout Carys yesterday and wanted to see her. Now I can show her! thanks.
Ami

cody and carrie said...

yall's place is GORGEOUS! so cute with sophia on that sweet lady's back! hope all is well :)

Jeana said...

Amazing!!! What a great place. The girls look beautiful. Raylee loved that Erin had gotten her hair cut like hers!! We are always thinking of you and giving thanks for you!

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures. Looks like everyone is doing great. Glad your holiday was a wonderful one. Love you guys

Elizabeth said...

Dear Heath and Brandi,
I am SO missing my 'home' and would love more than anything to be where you are right now!! Would love to hear from you if you aren't too busy to write - elizabeth9768@gmail.com
Did I see my old frash material in a photo? Stay in touch!
Love Not-the-Shmoopie
Ps. Have started collecting the series!